“This is my call to ministry: to be the eyes that see, the hands that reach, the mirror that reflects. My call is to chaplaincy, to the ministry of presence. Real listening, human touch, bearing witness to joy or grief or pain — these are ways I can offer my gifts to others, these moments make me come alive.” – Jennifer Thomas, Women’s Leadership Initiative scholar, Central Tennessee
Central’s mission is to prepare women and men for seeking God, shaping church and serving humanity. Central provides space for theological reflection for both degree-seeking students, as well as lifelong learners.
Central began offering courses in Tennessee in 2006. In 2013, Central Tennessee moved its location from First Baptist Church of Murfreesboro to the campus of Scarritt Bennett Center in the heart of Nashville.
• Central Tennessee together with Tennessee Cooperative Baptist Fellowship sponsors Scholastica, a monthly peer mentoring lunch series. Learn more here.
• Students at Central Tennessee may complete either the Master of Divinity or Diploma in Theology.
• Classes are taught both in a weekend format at Scarritt Bennett Center by Shawnee faculty and other adjunct faculty as well as online.
• Scholarships and financial aid are available.
• Lifelong learners are welcome.
• Spiritual formation is a key part of the theological education of students.
• Central Seminary is Baptist by tradition and ecumenical in spirit.
• Both programs are fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
Central Tennessee is led by experienced faculty dedicated to the formation of ministers for the twenty-first century. Learn more about the faculty teaching and leading Central Tennessee.
Central Tennessee is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools and the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. Learn more about accreditation and costs of theological education at Central Tennessee.